Saturday 18 September 2010

Back (and still) In Black...

I would like to start with an apology. I started this blog thinking that I'd get instant readership, and also that I'd still be much of a Wargamer a few months after starting. I hadn't quite expected GW to still be letting their little Weapon of Mass Detraction that is Matthew "Now A Gamer's Curse Word" Ward write stuff. A master stroke, a truly flooring experience; of similar note to the utter penis move that is Warmachine Mk II and its slogan "Screwing up two games so you don't have to".

So, sorry and everything, but a small hiatus was in order.

But now I'm back, and just as utterly dejected. Maybe a little more, actually. Getting back into gaming has been utterly slow to say the least. One thing that has continued though is my interest in the background stories of Warhammer 40,000, which has been distracting me from the worst codex (or even army book/faction) writing ever, and two of my other favourite games taking radical face heel turns for the extra buck: Warmachine wants you to buy more models so you get more practice with its fucked up points system, and Warhammer Fantasy wants you to play very, very, very big games indeed. It doesn't take a genius to realise that Warhammer 40,000 6th Edition will be uncannily akin to Apocalypse, without, you know, the choice of not playing it.

So, in addition to my likely extended amount of ranting about 40k in TWG series, I happily announce that I have a whole other place for ranting, called
"It's a Hard Fluff Life..." until I come up with a better name. Between the two, there should be a few articles to break up the fluff, and articles should increase in frequency. Once I've got a larger amount of followers, I will increase output considerably, so please, let me know you're reading!

Thanks for reading!

TWC

No comments:

Post a Comment